As your business grows, you may be thinking about how to develop your Amazon brand.
With all the competition out there, honing your Amazon brand image can help you stand out from the crowd. However, this can be easier said than done.
Let’s take a look at how effective branding can work for you and your business.
Amazon Brand Management
In order to build brand awareness, you’ll need to take a multifaceted approach. This can include a promotion, marketing, and product development that craft positive associations with your products. When customers experience this connection to your brand, they become more likely to buy again, buy other products from you, and advise friends to try your products.
How does selling on Amazon impact brand management? First of all, Amazon comes with a built-in audience of literally hundreds of millions of consumers. They also offer a variety of specialized tools that can assist you in putting your best foot forward. Remember, Amazon wants you to do well because when you succeed, so do they.
Amazon Brand Equity
After working hard to create a trustworthy brand, you’re likely invested in protecting your Amazon brand equity. Amazon offers options to help with this.
Brand Registry is a tool that can help you guard your Amazon Brand against infringement and misleading content. This free resource allows you to identify and report suspicious brand misuse with ease using machine learning software. Then, dubious content or listings will be blocked, protecting your Amazon brand from violations.
Counterfeits are an especially irritating threat to the reputation of your Amazon brand. If this is a concern for your business, consider enlisting the help of Transparency. A specialized service, Transparency allows you to use 2D codes, much like QR codes, to keep track of your product lines. This unique code is scanned before a product is shipped from Amazon’s warehouse to the customer. If the code is found to be inauthentic, the product is not shipped, but rather escalated to an investigation procedure.
Developing Your Amazon Brand
So, now you know a little more about protecting your brand, but what about building it? As you might suspect, this task is best tackled from a number of angles.
- Give great customer service: This might sound simple, but it’s one of the most important steps toward creating a strong brand. Ensuring that customers have an excellent buying experience begins by creating clear and transparent listings. This means offering customers relevant product details in an easily accessible format, and good-quality images that show the product they are buying.
Then, you need to stay on top of customer queries, taking the time to answer any questions thoughtfully and honestly. If a customer shares a negative experience with your product, don’t shrink back! If you can, offer a solution with an ample side dish of empathy. Alternatively, if a customer shares a positive experience, take the time to thank them for helping to show how great your brand is.
If you aren’t familiar with the Customer Reviews Tool Amazon offers, now is a great time to check it out.
- Provide a consistent brand experience: Customers decide what they think of a brand fast and this means crafting a consistent image of your brand is crucial. Taking the time to build your brand on multiple channels such as your website and social media profiles can help bolster customer confidence.
Consider creating a customized eCommerce storefront that includes a cohesive color scheme, images, and even video. Think about how your Amazon store and your other platforms can achieve a consistent aesthetic that will instantly tell your customers who you are.
- Appreciate faithful customers: Amazon Brand Follow provides a way for customers to keep track of what’s going on with your brand, as well as other brands they enjoy. Special offers and deals can also be accessed via Brand Follow, ensuring customers who show loyalty to you get perks.
You might also consider offering an email newsletter, or social media updates, that give loyal fans of your brand early notification of new products and sales.
- Consider promoting your brand: Depending on the size of your business, investing in promotions can be well worthwhile. There are a variety of marketing options to suit a range of budgets. These include sponsored products or sponsored brands that will ensure your items appear on product search pages. Monitoring the performance of your ads is easy since you’ll have access to a number of metrics.
You might also consider offering special deals for bundling products. This allows customers who love your brand to save by paying one price for 2-5 bundled items.
- Keep track of what works: No matter what your approach, you’ll be better equipped if you can identify which strategies are working for your Amazon brand. This is where Brand Analytics comes in with a host of reports that can give you insights into your brand development.
One of the most helpful Brand Analytics reports is the Amazon Search Terms report which reveals how your items are performing in search results with details on both clicks and sales. The Brand Analytics reports also include product comparisons that show which products are commonly viewed together as well as a number of additional reports that can help you determine where your efforts are best spent.
- Take note of what customers love: Finally, observing what works for customers is a great way to develop your Amazon brand effectively. Consider implementing A/B testing to discover what resonates most with your customers. This means running an experiment that shows one group of customers one selection of price points, images, and product descriptions while showing another group a different version.
What you find out from running tests such as this might surprise you – and allow you to situate your products, and your brand, with more impact in the marketplace.
Build your Brand with Amazon
As you go forward, keep in mind the variety of tools at your disposal as an Amazon seller. The process may seem intimidating at first, but you have the power to balance your Amazon brand development with the growth of your business.
Remember, managing your brand is a series of promotional and developmental procedures that provide customers with awareness of your brand, and brand equity is the value of your brand which should be protected from imposters.
Developing your brand should be done with a keen sense of what works for your customers and what gets eyes on your products. When it comes to selling on Amazon, image matters, so honing your brand, and sharing what you have to offer are indispensable parts of healthy Amazon brand development.
GETIDA FBA Reimbursement
GETIDA (GET Intelligent Data Analytics) is a powerful software tool that examines the previous 18 months of inventory management transactions to flag errors eligible for FBA reimbursement. It is free to run the report.
It’s also free for a GETIDA team composed of former experienced Amazon employees to file and follow up on reimbursement claims on your behalf. The only charge is a percentage of claims that are approved. And the first $400 of FBA reimbursement is free without charge.
Given the time and effort, GETIDA saves you so you can focus on running your business, it’s a small price to pay to recover potentially substantial reimbursement of FBA errors likely to occur while handling your inventory management.